Missing my other half

It's been a long time now.
Things have yet to settle.

You've been on my mind,
Day in, Day out.
Yes, I still love you...
Like a fool.

Things have been said and done.
Hurtful and painful.
In the end,
we both want the same thing.
Just not now.

So I'm missing you.
Loving you,
Without telling you.
Without showing you.

We're connected,
for life.
You already have my heart.
I'm just sorry I don't have yours.
That is the one thing that hurts me the most.

But you're my other half.
I just want you to know,
I will walk to the end of earth for you.
Because that is how much love,
I have for you.
You just don't know it yet.

I think about you,
I wonder about how you are.
I wonder if you are well.
I worry about you.
I really do.
Even though you tell me not too.

Call me a fool in love.
But this love been here for two years...
and counting.
I don't think I'll ever love another like I love you.
That kind of love,
is a love worthwhile.
That kind of love,
is a love that will last, no matter what.
It's the loyalty, respect and understanding kind.

Will I get a second chance?
Or will I remain on the list of girfriends you had?
A second chance would be nice.
At least this way, we will get to know each other better,
without nosey people.
Without the drama.
Just me and you.

Just me and you and our son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later