The Heart

It has a story to tell,
One of hurts,
One of tears,
One of loss,
One of mistery,
One of sadness.

It tells a tale filled with,
daggers,
knives,
swords,
axes and murder.

It speaks about dreams,
good and bad,
achievements and failures,
nightmares and tourtures.

It talks about,
hopes and dreams,
desires and needs,
future and beyond.

It whispers, "Trust me."
"Trust me."
"Everything will be alright."

It says, "Express yourself."
"In ways only you know how."
"Just dion't hurt others,
bring them down or
make them suffer for your pain."
"But do tell the truth."
"Speak the truth."
"You'll be free...FREE."

Listen to me when I tell you these stories.
We all fall but rise.
Never stay down.
Never.

Originally Written: March 4th, 2009
Written By: Gloria M. Matthews

Comments

  1. Wow!!! Speechless... Very emotional.. Almost as if I can see that pain and adveristy you are going through. I like that way you used the sharp objects such as the knife and axes to discribe the hurt. Great way to use imagary to discribe your feelings. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me! Keep wirting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later