Journal Entry #3

You do want clarity, You want life. Starting from scratch isn't an easy task. You do what you have to do even if it's not what you desired in life.

Everyday we make choices. We are responsible for making those choices. But even an individual's choice can have a ripple affect among others, directly or indirectly.

We cannot control the outcome of our situation(s). All we can do is do the best we can. To make the best out of it.

Today I've found my voice again. A much more calmer voice. I stood up for myself and expressed my true emotions. Something I haven't done in so long.



You know I love my son very much, even though my life has been hestic. But it's calming down. The storm is almost over.

My heart has shut down. The person I love and care about is creating his own downfall. Swallowing his soul, sorrows, and life into a deeper hole. As thoughts run through his mind, he's spinning and can't stop. All the "hows" and the "what ifs" including "why" goes unanswered. Pounding out on the canvas, his reality becomes a masterpiece. Still not satified and wonder's if he'll ever be. Living a life of unfullfilled dreams and nothing to show for it. It pains him day and night. No sleep. No rest. He needs to be on the go. Gotta hustle.

Life is what you make it. You can blame, complain, or whine about the position you are in. Or you can simply do something about it. Whatever you do, straight up, may not be something you want to do but if it helps youget back on track, stick it.

Dreams can come true, if you believe. Dreams do get deferred and it happens because life is what happened. I'm in no position to tell someone how to live their life. But I will express my own mind.

Originally written: January 15th, 2009
Written By: Gloria M. Matthews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later