So...


So I write. Once again. Not knowing what
tomorrow may bring.
This thing is killing me.
Every night Iwant to cry,
but on some I do.

Question- where does your heart lies?
I mean truly lies? Where does your soul?
The heart beats a sad melody. One that is
a dying song that never ends.
The mind wane down. Tired of thinking.
The spirit aching for comfort. Tired of fighting.
Tired of being strong.

The body ready to be laid. Exhausted, wounded,
scarred scorched and burnt.
Nothing left.

So tell me sir - how do I live? How do I survive?
How do I continue to fight? How?!

Tell me sir- why do I still defend you?
Why?! Tell me one thing, am I even alive to you?

I feel dead to you sir. I feel dead.

Am I worth it? Is your family worth it? Or
Is your secret lover worth more then the truth?

Answer to your creator. Not I.

Written By: Gloria M. Matthews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later