The Difference

I'm living my life,
You're living your life.
I have the child.
You don't.

I wake up at all hours,
You...do whatever.
I work and learn,
You...complain.

I changed diapers,
Clean up the house,
Cook the meals,
Feed the meals,
Bath the child,
Feed myself,
Bath myself,
Dress the child,
Dress myself,
Read to my child.
Read my homework.

I make the doc's appointments,
Miss work and lose time,
I stay home when child is sick,
I play nurse day and night.
I play teacher day and night,
I play with my child.

I'm doing this,
All of this on my own.
Add in paying bills,
making ends meet,
Shopping,
appointments,
and outside commitments.
Plus catering to my child.

You...
get to chill.
Do whatever you please.
While I play mom and dad,
You are enjoying your freedom.

All you get to do is
Think about the child,
Pay for the child,
and...
Oh wait that's all.
No parenting involved.
No child rear-ending,
No planning,
No worrying about everyday issues,
and jeez you get alone time.

But wait...
I only get along time,
when...
I'm on my laptop in bed,
I'm in my room at night,
or when I'm off from work.
But am I relaxing?
No.
I'm working 24/7.
Trying to make things work.

I heard you.
Loud and clear.
Stop degrading me.
Stop putting me down.
Just stop.

You had a choice,
You made a choice.
Now you are living that choice.

I've made mine.
Not once do I regret it.

You had more choices,
but those choices just went out the window.

I'm bitter. I'm angry.
Blame me,
Blame me,
and I'll be gone.
Gone for good.
You'll be free of me.
Free to be with the one you want.
But I'll be gone,
with the child.

I'm not playing.
Not anymore.
I've turned bitter.
I will never be the same.
Never.
But I'll tell you this,
For damn sure,
I love my child,
more then life itself.
I show it everyday.
And I'm proud to be a mama!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later