Fighting for my heart

In this mist - the perfect bliss,
the perfect rose,
the pure hearted,
the sweetest lips,
stands alone damage.

Everything is black.
Nothing can be seen.
No one can see my pain,
my tears,
my heartache.

No one can see my face.
The beautiful rose...
Now dying slowly.

What will be life of me?
What will become of me?
What will...?

Like a phoneix-
turns to ashes as its time is up.
But it is reborn-
into a new life - a clean slate.

I'm only human.
My heart is fragile.
I want to love again,
I want to have a family,
a complete family.
I want to have a place to call home.
I want someone to treat me like I matter.

I know I will be fine.
I know in due time,
my dreams will become a reality.
I know deep down,
I'm not meant to be alone.
Not like this.

But I need time.
Time to heal.
Time to recover,
Time to recoup,
Time to do me.
I need to rebuild.

I'm fighting for my heart.
I'm fighting for my world.
But I'm growing weary.
Growing tired.
I need a rest, for one night.

I need a break.
I need a break from this thing called tough love.
I'll never be loved back.
Not by the one who stole my heart,
and refuses to let it go.
Just let me go.
Please.
You've moved on, a long time ago.
You don't love me.
You say you do, but you really don't.
Leave me be.
I'm done playing games.

I want my heart back.
I want a part of me back,
so I can love another who'll treat me right.
You have someone.
You talk to her, more then me.
Stop lying.
Stop trying to get the best of everything.
Just stop.

I got my life and I'm living it.
Not the life I wanted, but who said we get to live the life we want?
Nobody.
Live yours, forget me.
You don't care anymore.
You don't.

It is my own life to live,
to be a part of it -
you need to treat me a bit better.
But since that's never gonna happen,
it's too late.
I'm done.

I need my heart back.
One way or another,
I'm gonna fight for my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later