I'm a Broken Record

Never again to trust,
Never again to love,
Never again to believe,
Never.

I'm a broken record.
No one cares about me,
No one understands me,
No one.

I want to talk,
Nobody is there.
I want to scream,
but no one will hear.

I feel like a fool.
Like one who is dumb.
For allowing,
For reveling,
For sharing,
For everything....

I don't think its possible to love,
ever!
Not after the disrespect,
Not after feeling like crap,
Not after accepting apologies,
Like clockwork!

I'm stupid!
For believing,
For dreaming,
For hoping,
For having a chance at life.

Yes, this is how low,
How low I've sank.
I can't talk to my family.
They hung up on me!
All because,
I thought I was doing the right thing.

Now I'm done.
Sitting here,
regretting the every apologies,
the texts,
the emails,
the visits.

I'm now broke.
I can no longer travel.
I can no longer feel comfortable,
I can no longer breath.

I guess I have nobody.
Nobody by myself.
What's sad is...
I can make myself happy,
but I can never be truly happy.

I'm a broken record.
Been playing on repeat,
Been at it for a while.
Retire me.
Burn me.
Bury me.

I'm a broken record,
and will always be,
internally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later