Broken Spirit

In all of my days,
My love for one has gone unnoticed.
But only the Lord recognizes that.
I'm thankful for at least that.

I've done my best to hold on,
I've done my best to try to smooth things over,
but the one thing that is preventing me from moving forward,
is some one's else's regret.

I have a love that is undying.
A love that is willing to lend a hand regardless.
A love that is God's love.
What more could you ask for?

I'm me, myself and I.
I do not conform to idols, icons, or fakes.
I'm my own person,
My own being.
Accept me for me.
Accept me for who I am.

I'm not perfect,
I'm no superstar,
I'm not worthy,
But I'm worthy of God's love.

I may not be successful,
I may not be top model,
I may not be an artist,
I may not be a lot of things,
but as long as I'm me,
that is fine by me.

I dress how I feel.
I dress the way I want.
I live my life,
I live my life in the eyes of the beholder.
I live my life.
This is my life.

My spirit has been broken by lies.
Lies that have broken the soul.
Lies that have broken the heart.
Lies that have broken the mind.
Lies that has shattered my hopes.
Lies that has shattered my dreams.
Lies that has turned me to look up for guidance.

Lord.....
I'm on bended knees,
Praying to you to heal me,
Show me the way,
Show me how to get through this.

I've been doing my part in being honest.
I understand the truth hurts,
and boy does it hurts!

I'm not going to pray for myself,
but for my enemies,
for those who are against me,
for those who are putting me down.
For those who think their righteous will get their way.

Lord,
Today I heard you,
Today I got your answer.
My spirit is indeed broken
It is therefore fitting to return home.
It is therefore fitting to praise you name.
But I first need to find the right place.

My heart my be hurting,
but I need you, Lord,
I need you.
I really truly need you.

I'm tired and worn.
I'm tired and hurt.
I'm tired and depressed.
Help me rest this unsettled soul,
this unsettling spirit.
Help heal my broken spirit.

Broken spirit will become whole in time once again.

Comments

  1. Your say your spirit is broken, but in my eyes you are a example of a true black woman...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later