Guarding the heart

Evening though its be two years,
almost three,
I'm exploring the waters outside of my comfort zone.

As I wade with caution,
I look to God for guidance.
I don't trust my heart to anyone.
But my heart will be in God's hands.

With all my might,
I do want to feel again,
I want to come alive again.
But I must guard my heart.

I must guard my heart,
against those who come forth.
I must be caution,
because the last time...damn near destroyed me.

But I want to move forward.
I want to have a future shared.
As a family.
But in God's eyes,
I know he'll let me know.
He'll let me know.

Comments

  1. This poem is so sensual and so seep. It speaks to me. It really reveals your nature and personality. Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later