"Pieces of Me" takes you on a journey as I explore the world around and within myself and others with a hearing loss. You may find pieces that you can relate to or understand. My purpose is to share my voice. Enjoy reading!
Your thoughts keep on going, when you want them to stop. You start to think, think deep, deeper and deeper. Wondering, "What the hell?" Wondering and wondering. I'm thinking about everything. Resentments and much more. I hate it all. Not knowing, Not seeing, Not hearing. Thinking... What mistakes did I make? Thinking... Man, I'm really beating the hell out of myself. Thinking... I guess that what they want. It's constant with me. I don't drop shit easily. I do what I can and that's all I can do. What is it? My constant thinking. Making me realize something, You don't care. All you think about is you. I'm nothing but a mere vessel whom gave birth to your child. My constant thinking, Making me realized, I deserve better then this shit, My son deserves better than this. Nobody should see mum-mum so down, feeling unappreciated, disrespected to a certain degree. Nobody, Son knows mum-mum is down. But doesn't know why. Sees mum-mum is sick, sees mum-...
Just yesterday, as I was walking around campus with the leaves on the ground and crumpling as I walked through them and the sweet smell of fall leaves touch my nose. So I thought, why not a poem. The Smell of Fall Such a chilly and cloudy day Every once in a while the sun would peak through, the gray clouds. As one walks in solitude, the smell of fall is upon us. Do you smell it? Do you sense it? Do you see it in its sweet serenity? Oh, the aurora of fall colors, such a calming feeling, looking around and seeing beauty in life. It makes you wonder how one who cannot see or hear, knows the scent of fall so well. Its a sign that someone at least takes the time, to appreciate all things great and small. The smell of fall. Brings you back to a place call home. A place where everything is so soothing and calm. A place where nature is your friend and you are its friend. A place that you know you can be free, within your wildest imagination. A place any artist can achieve their bes...
Someone once said to me I will always be miserable. Yet that someone made sure misery kept me company. I sometimes wonder if being a mom is a gift, why is it that some want to destroy it? I'm talking hardcore destroy it. It really makes me wonder, ya know? I know a long time ago, before I even got into anything I said no kids. Somehow, I knew something than. Somehow I lost that part of me. Some keep making it about me. I keep wondering why? My life as I knew it, is gone. I have a new one. Some blame me for someone's life being in the dumps. Some think I deserve no friends- ha! Maybe their right! But yet what baffles me, they ask about me through others, Yet I wonder why? I'm made a joke. Yet when I'm gone and nobody knows where I am, I'm gone. Gone for good. Since every time I find a piece of myself, a lil' bit of happiness, a lil' bit of comfort, a lil' bit of all that's good in life, It just seems as if nobody wants me to have that. It just seems a...
Comments
Post a Comment