Long Time No Writing

I have not being on my desktop to write as much as I used to and have been writing more in my hand-written journals.  My computer is getting old and sometimes while I'm typing up a blog it tends to either froze up and restart the page again or shut down on me completely while losing my thoughts that have already been written down.  So if you are a reader of this page, forgive the absent of more up to date materials.

As I have wrote in the past, I was recently a recipient for Cochlear Americas Nucleus 5 Processor with the CI422 implant electrodes.  My surgery was on my right ear on October 5, 2012 and my activation was on November 19, 2012.  I'm still going through adjustments and it's going to take some getting used to.  I am also trying to find my match in the adjustment settings where I can hear clearly without struggling too much.  But only in due time with rehabilitation will I be able to find that medium, that match.

I have also been absent from many social media websites due to Lent.  I'm currently going through instructions to get back into the church.  So I have been doing a lot of "soul-searching" and going through changes for the better.  I will be converting to Catholicism from Episcopalian.  If you know your Religious history, you would know that the Episcopal church was a sister church of the Catholic Church in England and followed similar instructions but a bit more laid-back.  While I am well aware of the issues surrounding the church and its faith, I do not support harboring of child-abuse and molestations that have occurred over the years.  And that goes for any religious entity that have their own secrets behind closed doors.  The Church is meant to be a place where one should feel safe and accepted, not used or abused by any means.  So please, know that I am very well aware of what is going on and I'm sure most people of catholic faith will agree that they do not which any harm upon anyone.  But one must acknowledge and accept fault in any misconducts that have taken place and has given a dark image of something that is suppose to be pure.  So I'm learning more about all this in depth and will continue to learn more about other religions as well.

I do have things I been wanting to write about in regards to being a cross between hard of hearing, deaf and hearing.  But since I'm not given the time to really get into all of that, I'm going to eventually post my journal writings on those topics regarding my hearing loss journey and life as a hearing impaired individual.  If you go back to the beginning of my blog, I started out writing poems and I was in a tough place in my life.  I will be getting back into writing poems as well as I get my life "in order:"  Please note I am a very open-minded individual and I respect everyone's opinions.  However, all I ask that you practice being nice and considerate in your responses and educational as well.  There's no need to be offensive, but practice being conscious of others and maybe you'll see things in a different perspective.

Well I will end it here but in due time I will return back with some serious postings for now, its rehabbing and mommy duties.  Adios and Peace <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Chances: Tackling the Workforce

A New Year: Moving Forward

CI Journey: What it's like a year and a half later